The Okmulgee Pecan Festival and Harvest Spoon Chili Fest are still going on this weekend, despite rain that has already fallen, and more expected before a cold front settles in next week.
It will still be a fantastic time to celebrate the comm unity and enjoy some delicious food and fun activities. Be sure to pack accordingly and make the most of this exciting weekend, rain or shine!
Here is the forecast for the area:
• Friday: 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms mainly after 1 p.m. High
• Friday Night: 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms, especially after 1 a.m. Low around 49°F.
• Saturday: Showers likely and pos- sibly a thunderstorm with a high near 59°F.
• Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1 a.m. Cloudy skies with a low around 41°F.
• Sunday: More rain and possibly thunderstorms in store with a high near 45°F.
• Sunday Night: A 20% chance of showers before 1 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 32°F.