Newly appointed Okmulgee County Emergency Management Director Jeffrey Moore delivered his first report during Monday’s commissioner meeting.
He began by mentioning that much of the previous week was spent meeting people in the community and at the various departments, including the Sheriff ’s office and emergency dispatchers. They also dealt with the aftermath of severe weather, and a multi-vehicle accident on I-40.
Moore concluded his report by saying that there’s “a meeting scheduled with our volunteer spotters that are still in the program. So we’re just strategizing and planning moving forward from there.”
Also approved at the meeting: • Minutes from the July 10 meeting.
• Officers Reports: One report from the election board was approved.
• Blanket Purchase Orders: – Emergency Management for ComData, $1000 – (District 2) RPI, $1000; OReilly’s, $250
• Employee Forms: Requisitioning and receiving officer for the treasurer’s office
• Juvenile detention claim
• Use of the Use Tax Fund to pay DataStaff – the mapping program used by the Assessor, in the amount of $13,322.52
• Purchase of a Komatsu Mini Excavator from Muskogee County Dist. 3
• Payment of Claims The commissioners then went into an executive session.