Jean Gouthier recognized for 45 years of service
The Okmulgee County Commissioners welcomed new Emergency Management Director Jeffrey Moore during Monday’s meeting.
Moore previously served as the Emergency Management Director for McIntosh County before coming to Okmulgee. Prior to that, he worked as a dispatcher for Muscogee Nation Lighthorse Police.
“I’ve been doing this for 30 years and counting,” Moore said, “What I do is all about community, getting everybody involved … So I look forward to meeting all you guys and working with all you guys and I’m excited about the opportunity.”
“Starting next week or next meeting, Jeff will be giving an update as the new emergency management director,” Commissioner Erik Zoellner said. — Jean Gouthier Recognized
County Commissioners also recognized Jean Gouthier for her 45 years of service to Okmulgee County.
Commissioner Walker shared a few kind words before presenting her with a token of appreciation for her (more than) four decades of service. Several supporters were in attendance, including Jean’s husband of 59 years, John Gouthier. See Friday’s edition for more information about this longtime employee.
– Agenda items approved during Monday’s meeting were:
• Blanket Purchase Orders: – District 1: Cintas for $800; S&H Auto for $1000, Dollar General for $100 – District 2: O’Reilly’s for $250, AutoZone for $250, Cintas for $700, RPI for $1000, Assessor for $400 (fuel)
• Employee Forms: One requisitioning and receiving officer for the Grayson Fire Department
• Smokey Patchin was named as an alternate to the OCCJA Board of Trustees
• Reimbursement claim for the Election Board secretary’s salary
• Transfer of appropriation regarding ARPA funds approved at last week’s meeting
• Amendment to Bond Resolution 23-81 to cover newly appointed County Treasurer and deputies • Designation of signers for the Okmulgee County ARPA account at First National Bank
• Acknowledged an Internal Policy change to update Sheriff ’s policy. Sheriff Eddy Rice said that it “is not a change in the employee policy handbook. It’s internal.”